300 or Die Hard?

15 posts
As an action movie (I know they are completely different) which one is better? Based on storyline, action and main character. Please only comment if you've seen both.
I like both, but I feel 300 is better because it gives a picture of the actual historic Battle of Thermopylae, where 300 Greek Spartans fought an entire army of Persians until they were betrayed and surrounded by the enemy and killed.
It's also well scripted and well acted, as well as wonderfully designed in terms of camera direction, stage lighting, costume design, etc.
True, I suppose I should have put up a better movie to go head to head with 300. I just realized how inadequate Die Hard might seem in comparison. I might have put Pulp Fiction with Die Hard, that would have made more sense. But I didn't know if it was popular enough with this age group to be well received. What would be a good movie to go with 300?
Originally posted by Adryan FoxSongTrue, I suppose I should have put up a better movie to go head to head with 300. I just realized how inadequate Die Hard might seem in comparison. I might have put Pulp Fiction with Die Hard, that would have made more sense. But I didn't know if it was popular enough with this age group to be well received. What would be a good movie to go with 300?
Hm... I'm not sure. It would have to be a historical film to match the genre, and there are some like that, but I can't think of one. Perhaps the sequel to 300 that's coming in 2014?
There's a sequel!?! I did not know that! It's probably going to be amazing.
Dan
Dan
Level 27
1,984 Posts
Originally posted by Adryan FoxSongThere's a sequel!?! I did not know that! It's probably going to be amazing.

Seen the trailer, doesn't look too bad.
Originally posted by Dan
Originally posted by Adryan FoxSongThere's a sequel!?! I did not know that! It's probably going to be amazing.

Seen the trailer, doesn't look too bad.
Although, I'm not sure how they'd work in a sequel, as the Spartans are dead...... :P I heard the sequel is more like a prequel, showing them before the Persians invaded.
That would make more sense. I hope it has the same quality as the first one.
Originally posted by Adryan FoxSongThat would make more sense. I hope it has the same quality as the first one.
The Sequel Curse.
Chochi
Chochi
Level 15
821 Posts
Both of them are really good. I do like better 300 cuz of what Charles said.. and well it has some nudity in it as well . Hehehehe.
Originally posted by ChochiBoth of them are really good. I do like better 300 cuz of what Charles said.. and well it has some nudity in it as well . Hehehehe.
Does it?
Note, my definition of nudity is as follows: Genitalia exposed.
Not really nudity. Just sex.
Wha?
The movie 300 with Gerard Butler who leads 300 Spartan warriors to battle the Persian army.
It's a really good movie.
Die Hard, silly!...
Best Christmas Movie ever!
...yeah. Think about it...
its a Christmas Movie!
...eh?